1. A candidate will be eligible for Admission to Postgraduate Courses if he/she has completed B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. with 10+2+3 system from any University recognized by University Grants Commission and has secured a minimum 45% of marks at graduate level. However for SC/ST candidates minimum pass percentage of marks will be 40%.
2. The admission to the Post-Graduate Courses in the faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce and Education shall be on the basis of merit of marks obtained in the Graduation/Qualifying Examination.
3. The percentage shall be calculated upto three figures after decimal point.
4. Candidate shall be entitled to weightage (if any) on the merit index.
5. Of the total number of seats in any subject, 80% candidates passing the graduate examination from the Lucknow University shall be admitted.
6. For the remaining seats (i.e. 20%) available after admission of the candidate in category (5) above, graduates from the Universities other than Lucknow University shall be admitted, provided that the merit of the candidates of other Universities is not below the merit of the last candidate admitted from Lucknow University. The seats remaining vacant under category (6), shall also be filled up with the graduate of Lucknow University in order of merit index.
7. In case where number of available seats is less and candidates secure same marks (percent) at the graduate/qualifying level examination, the admission of the candidate will be based upon securing higher marks in the relevant subject of the final year of the qualifying examination.
8. A candidate's choice of the subject in M.A./M.Sc./M.Com. shall be restricted to one of the subjects taken in the part-III examination for the Bachelor's Degree. Provided that a Candidate:
a. Who has studied Chemistry as one of the subjects at B.Sc. part- III will also be eligible to take the admission to M.Sc. Bio-Chemistry.
b. Who has studied Botany as one of the subjects in B.Sc. III year will be eligible for admission to M.Sc. in Plant Science.
c. Who has graduated in Science (except Agriculture) will be considered for admission to M.Sc. in Environmental Science.
d. Who has studied Electronics or Physics as one of the subjects in B.Sc.III year will be eligible for admission to M.Sc. in Electronics and M.Sc. Renewable Energy.
e. Who has studied Electronics or Physics as one of the subjects in B.Sc.III year or holding B.E./B.Tech degree will be eligible for admission to M.Sc. Renewable Energy.
f. Those candidates who have studied Economics as one of the subject at B.A. part- III will also be eligible to take admission to M.Com. Applied Economics.
9. Provided that in the Faculty of Arts the requirement of subject of study at graduate level for admission to various subjects (except Mathematics, Statistics and Literature eg. Hindi, English, Sanskrit etc.) shall stand waived off in case of candidate having obtained 55% or more marks at qualifying examination. Admission of such candidates in any subject shall not exceed 10% of the total number of seats. The graduate of the Faculty of Arts will be eligible for admission to M.A. I in Mathematics and Statistics. Science Graduates shall not be eligible for admission to M.A. I in Mathematics and Statistics. Those candidates who have studied Literature i.e., Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Urdu, Persian and Arabic as one of the subjects in B.A. III year will be eligible for admission in Linguistics.
10. A graduate from any discipline shall be entitled for admission to MBE programme, Institute of Development Studies, University of Lucknow.
11. Those candidates who have passed the graduate degree examination of this University and passed their Part I or Part II Examination from other Universities, their merit shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the BA part III examination of Lucknow University.
12. A candidate can not pursue two Postgraduate courses simultaneously.
13. A candidate who has already completed Postgraduate course in one subject will not be eligible for the second Postgraduate course though he/she will be eligible for professional course/Oriental Studies in Sanskrit/ equivalent course.
14. Candidate applying for admission to more than one subject must apply on separate form for each subject. One form filled by the candidate in no case will be considered for any other Course.
15. Final Merit list shall be available in the concerned Departments and same will be displayed on the University Notice Board.
16. University reserves the right to cancel any admission at any stage.
17. In case of any matter relating to the Postgraduate Admissions, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor/Admission Committee, Lucknow University shall be final.
18. All the legal matters pertaining to the Postgraduate Admissions shall be subject to the Lucknow Jurisdiction only.
19. If in the view of the University, sufficient number of Application Forms are not received in any course, in that situation the University reserves its right to cancel that course for this Academic session. In this situation the form fees will not be refunded.
20. If the number of applicants in any self financing program is less than 40% of the total seats available, the course will be suspended for the session. If the number of applications are more than 40%, candidates may be called for counseling but admissions will be done subject to the minimum 40% of the available seats being filled up. In any situation the application fees of the candidates will not be refunded.
21. The Fees of different courses will be displayed while declaring the final Admission List on the University Notice Board.