Top 10 Engineering Exams in India
Top 10 Engineering Exams in India
Engineering is one such career which many opt for. The number of engineering colleges and their respective exams are increasing day by day creating confusion for students as to which exam to take.
Every year, there are many engineering entrance exams are being conducted at various levels like University, State and national level exams for choosing the most accomplished and capable candidates for getting admission into engineering institutions across the nation.
Listed below are the top 10 engineering entrance exams in India along with the 2017 exam dates.
1. JEE Main: It was previously known as AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) conducted by JEE Apex Board for admission to undergraduate engineering programs offered in NITs, Indian Institute of Technology(IITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIITs) and other CFTIs, etc. The engineering colleges in the states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, and Nagaland & Odisha have also following JEE Main exam score for their admission process.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2017 will be held on Sunday, 02 April, 2017. The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs and ISM (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad.
2. JEE Advanced: It is second level of Joint Entrance examination conducted for admissions to engineering programs offered at various IITs and ISM, Dhanbad. Candidates have to be among the top 1, 50,000 rank holders in JEE Main to sit for JEE Advanced entrance examination. It is considered as one of the toughest engineering entrance examination in India. JEE Advanced 2017 is scheduled to be held on Sunday, May 21, 2017.
3. BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is almost as tough as the JEE Advanced conducted by BITS, Pilani for admissions to integrated first degree programs such as Bachelor of Engineering (B.E), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Master of Science (M.Sc) in various disciplines offered at their Goa and Hyderabad campuses. The BITSAT 2017 is a online mode i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) exam scheduled to be held from Tuesday, May 16, 2017 to Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
4. VITEEE: VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE 2017) is conducted by VIT University Vellore for taking admission to various engineering programs offered at their VIT Vellore and VIT Chennai campuses. It is considered as one of the best private engineering colleges of India. VITEEE 2017 will be held from Wednesday, April 05, 2017 to Sunday, April 16, 2017.
5. WBJEE: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state level entrance examination conducted for taking admission to undergraduate level program of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal. Every year around 2 lakhs engineering aspirants appearing for this entrance examination.
The WBJEE 2017 will be held on Sunday, April 23, 2017. The WBJEE checks the speed of the students to solve problems rather than intellectual depth.
6. MHTCET: The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHTCET) is a state level entrance exam which is conducted for those candidates who aspire to take admission into Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree in all the government/government aided and few unaided private colleges in the state of Maharashtra. The MHTCET is scheduled to be held on May 11, 2017.
7. KCET: The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is commonly known as Karnataka CET conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority. KCET is conducted for taking admission to Engineering and Technology programs offered by various engineering colleges in the state. Candidate who qualifies in KCET entrance examination will get admissions at various reputed engineering colleges.KCET 2017 will be held on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 and Wednesday, May 03, 2017.
8. AP EAMCET: AP Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET) 2016 is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. AP EAMCET is conducted for taking to admission to various professional degree programs offered in university/ private colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. TS EAMCET is separately being conducted for state of Telangana from 2016. AP EAMCET 2017 is expected to be conduct in the month of April 2017.
9. UPSEE: The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) is conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University for taking admission into various courses like Engineering, Pharmacy, Fashion and Design, Architecture and Management offered in Govt.-aided institutions and private unaided institutions affiliated to UPTU, and some other state universities of Uttar Pradesh. UPSEE 2017 will be held on Sunday, April 16, 2017, Saturday, April 22, 2017 and Sunday, April 23, 2017 for various programs.
10. KIITEE: Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE) is conducted by the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology for admission to courses offered in its group of institutions which includes KIIT University, Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, and Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences. The KIITEE 2017 will be held from Friday, April 14, 2017 to Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our Career Counsellors and Members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
ADMISSION ALERTS, ENTRANCE
EXAM ALERTS, VTUEEE 2017, XLRI RAPT 2017, AIIMS PG DOCTORAL 2017, CBSE UGC NET 2017, NCAT 2017, NSTSE 2017, X-GMAT 2017, OPENMAT-XLI 2017, NMAT 2017, IIFT MBA (IB) 2017, JAM 2017, GATE 2017, LSAT 2017, KIITEE 2017, LPUNEST MBA 2017, AIMA UGAT 2017, NID DAT 2017, GSIB ENTRANCE TEST GET 2017, MITID-DAT-2017, XAT 2017, AEEE 2017, TISS RAT 2017, NEET MDS 2017, NMET 2017, IIAST 2017, KMAT 2017, TISS BAT 2017, TISSNET 2017, GPAT 2017, UPTET 2017, JEST 2017, UPSC CDS (I) 2017, X-GMAT 2017, LPUNEST 2017, AICTE CMAT 2017, JEE MAIN 2017, JEE ADVANCED 2017, UPESEAT 2017, ULSAT 2017, NIFT Test 2017, AILET 2017, DNB CET SS 2017, NCHM JEE 2017, AFCAT 2017, X-GMAT 2017, IGNOU OPENMAT XLI 2017, VITEEE 2017, V-SAT 2017, GITAM GAT 2017, UPES MET 2017, SRMJEEE 2017, AIMA MAT FEBRUARY 2017, AIIMS (MBBS) 2017, IMU CET 2017, UID APTITUDE TEST 2017, IIT HSEE 2017, CLAT 2017, NEST 2017, BITSAT 2017, SAAT 2017, ITSAT 2017, MCAER-CET 2017, KERALA SET 2017, BEEE 2017, SLIET SET 2017, PAF ENTRANCE EXAM 2017, SEAT 2017, WBJEE 2017, IDAT 2017, TRIPURA JEE 2017, SOFT CET 2017, PUNE, PU MET 2017, NDA ENTRANCE 2017, MAHARASHTRA CET 2017, AILET 2017, BMAT 2017, HITSEEE 2017, AIIMS MBBS ENTRANCE 2017, TANCET 2017, UPSEE 2017, NATA 2017, ODISHA JEE 2017, NMIMS NPAT 2017, SIU SET 2017, KEAM (KERALA) 2017, NIMCET 2017, BHU PET 2017, IPU CET 2017, UPSC CSP 2017, JIPMER MBBS 2017, AP EAMCET 2017, COMEDK UGET 2017, CBSE NEET UG 2017, HPNLET 2017, DEET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, KEE
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, JNU
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
CAT 2016, CAT
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, MHT
CET 2016, DAVV CET 2016,
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, AIMA RMAT 2016,
UG 2016, BHU
PET 2016, TNSET
DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT
STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI