candidates who have passed the prescribed Qualifying Examinations as specified in Annexure – 5 with not less than 50 % of the marks in the aggregate of all the semesters / years of the degree examination (cumulative sum of secured marks of all the semesters / years divided by the sum of the maximum marks). However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and CAT-1, marks shall not be less than 45 %.
Admission to M.E./M.Tech. (Part-Time Course): For admission to M.E./M.Tech. Part-time Courses, in addition to the qualification prescribed in clause 4.1, the candidates must have worked for not less than three years(after qualifying examination and experience is considered up to the date of notification) in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
1) For NON-GATE candidates only: Written test will be conducted on 15-07-2007(Sunday) from i) 11.00 am. To 1.00 p.m. for VTU, UBDTCE and UVCE M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch. courses and ii) 2.00 pm. To 4.00 pm., for PG Department of Kuvempu University and University of Mysore M.E./ M.Tech. courses, at various centers specified in the brochure.
2) GATE candidates with valid GATE score are given preference for admission. They have to apply by downloading the application form along with prescribed fee; however they are exempted from appearing for the written test.
Reservation Of Seats:
1) Seats shall be reserved in favour of the following categories of candidates to the extent specified by the Government and AICTE from time to time.
a. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste, the Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes of citizens under categories I, II-A, II-B, III-A, III-B in accordance with G. O. No. SWL 251 BCA 94, dated: 31-01-1995.
b. Candidates who are Physically Disabled.
2) In the case of M.E./M.Tech./ M.Arch. (full time) courses, the General Category seats remaining vacant after allotment to GATE candidates, 90% of the seats are reserved for Karnataka candidates and the remaining 10% for Non-Karnataka candidates.
3) Inter-se merit shall be basis for selection under this rule.
4) SC / ST & OBC candidates who are allotted seats by merit in General Category will not be counted against the seats that are reserved for them and such candidates will go into the list of General Category seats, however they are eligible for all benefits of reservation as applicable.
GATE – STIPEND
1) For receiving GATE Scholarship, a candidate must have a valid GATE Score.
2) Candidates with valid GATE Score, opting seats under Sponsored Quota, are not entitled for GATE Stipend.
3) SC/ST/OBC candidate with valid GATE Score claiming any other Scholarship from Government of Karnataka / India are not entitled for GATE Scholarship.
4) Candidates with valid GATE Score opting for seat under Part-Time M.E./M.Tech. Program is not entitled for GATE Stipend.
5) Applications for GATE scholarship from AICTE will be processed by the respective colleges where the candidates take admission and PGCET Cell has no responsibility to get the GATE Scholarship.