Common Law Admission Test 2021, CLAT 2021 for Integrated Law and LLM degree
||13 Jun 2021
||31 Mar 2021
Common Law Admission Test 2021, CLAT 2021
Consortium of National Law Universities
National Law School of India University, Naagarbhavi, Bengaluru- 560072
Phone: 08047162020 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in
Online Applications are Invited for Admissions in Under-Graduate Programme (Five year Integrated Law Degree) and Post-Graduate Programme (One Year LL.M. Degree).
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country. CLAT is organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities consisting of the representative universities.
After the second generation reforms of Legal Education, 1st National Law University namely, National Law School of India University was established at Bangalore in 1987.It took more than 10 years for the second National Law University, i.e , NALSAR (National Academy of Legal Studies and Research) at Hyderabad to come up in 1998.Then different States established NLUs. NLUs are islands of excellence created under State Statutes with Chief Justice of India or Chief Justice of respective High Court as Chancellor. (RMLNLU, Lucknow and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University Rai, Haryana are exceptions where The Chief Minister and Governor are Chancellors respectively). NLUs were created on the pattern of IIMs and IITs. NLUs have changed the face of legal education in India. Infact, India, is the only country in the world which has Universities for legal discipline alone. Today, we have 23 NLUs out of which 22 are admitting students through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) (National Law University, Delhi having its own separate test).From 1987 to 2007, there were only seven NLUs each having its own test. In 2006, a PIL was filed in the Supreme Court of India by a parent for Common Test (CWP 68 of 2006 decided on Nov 23, 2007-Varun Bhagat v. Union of India) for conducting a single test for admission to all the NLU’s.
Registrations for the examination closed on 31st March 2021. The exam will be conducted on 13th June 2021.
1. There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2021.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
i. Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
ii. Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2021 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2021 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2021 exam;
ii. Higher age;
iii. Computerised draw of lots.
1. An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
2. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2021 are also eligible to apply.
3. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2021.
4. Tie Breaker Rule : In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher age;
ii. Computerised draw of lots.
|How To Apply:
How to Apply:
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
1. Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
2. Signature of the candidate
3. Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
4. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if candidate is applying under P.W.D
5. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if candidate is applying under BPL category
· The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
· The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
· All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
· Application fees can be paid online only.
· Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
· Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
· The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2021 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
· The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after the candidates choose the mode of payment.
· Application Fees is non-refundable.
Admit Card/Hall ticket
The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
Commencement of Submission of Online Application: 1st January, 2021
Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 31st March, 2021
Date of CLAT 2021 Test (OFFLINE MODE): 13th June, 2021 (3.00- 5.00PM), Sunday
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
ADMISSION ALERTS, ENTRANCE
EXAM ALERTS, VTUEEE 2017, XLRI RAPT 2017, AIIMS PG DOCTORAL 2017, CBSE UGC NET 2017, NCAT 2017, NSTSE 2017, X-GMAT 2017, OPENMAT-XLI 2017, NMAT 2017, IIFT MBA (IB) 2017, JAM 2017, GATE 2017, LSAT 2017, KIITEE 2017, LPUNEST MBA 2017, AIMA UGAT 2017, NID DAT 2017, GSIB ENTRANCE TEST GET 2017, MITID-DAT-2017, XAT 2017, AEEE 2017, TISS RAT 2017, NEET MDS 2017, NMET 2017, IIAST 2017, KMAT 2017, TISS BAT 2017, TISSNET 2017, GPAT 2017, UPTET 2017, JEST 2017, UPSC CDS (I) 2017, X-GMAT 2017, LPUNEST 2017, AICTE CMAT 2017, JEE MAIN 2017, JEE ADVANCED 2017, UPESEAT 2017, ULSAT 2017, NIFT Test 2017, AILET 2017, DNB CET SS 2017, NCHM JEE 2017, AFCAT 2017, X-GMAT 2017, IGNOU OPENMAT XLI 2017, VITEEE 2017, V-SAT 2017, GITAM GAT 2017, UPES MET 2017, SRMJEEE 2017, AIMA MAT FEBRUARY 2017, AIIMS (MBBS) 2017, IMU CET 2017, UID APTITUDE TEST 2017, IIT HSEE 2017, CLAT 2017, NEST 2017, BITSAT 2017, SAAT 2017, ITSAT 2017, MCAER-CET 2017, KERALA SET 2017, BEEE 2017, SLIET SET 2017, PAF ENTRANCE EXAM 2017, SEAT 2017, WBJEE 2017, IDAT 2017, TRIPURA JEE 2017, SOFT CET 2017, PUNE, PU MET 2017, NDA ENTRANCE 2017, MAHARASHTRA CET 2017, AILET 2017, BMAT 2017, HITSEEE 2017, AIIMS MBBS ENTRANCE 2017, TANCET 2017, UPSEE 2017, NATA 2017, ODISHA JEE 2017, NMIMS NPAT 2017, SIU SET 2017, KEAM (KERALA) 2017, NIMCET 2017, BHU PET 2017, IPU CET 2017, UPSC CSP 2017, JIPMER MBBS 2017, AP EAMCET 2017, COMEDK UGET 2017, CBSE NEET UG 2017, HPNLET 2017, DEET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, KEE
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, JNU
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
CAT 2016, CAT
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, MHT
CET 2016, DAVV CET 2016,
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, AIMA RMAT 2016,
UG 2016, BHU
PET 2016, TNSET
DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT
STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI