Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2018
||02 Feb 2019
||01 Oct 2018
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai – 600036
Telephone: 91 44 22578200, Website: www.gate.iitm.ac.in
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to: (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically an examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in
Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. GATE 2019 will be conducted for 24 subjects (also referred to as “papers”) and it would be distributed over 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th of February 2019.
Online applications are invited for GATE 2019 examination. Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2019 score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results. Examination for all the papers will be Computer Based Tests.
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2019:
· Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
· Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
· Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to
· B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
1. Chairman, GATE, IISc Bangalore, Bengaluru 560012, Website: gate.iisc.ac.in
2. Chairman, GATE, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, Website: gate.iitb.ac.in
3. Chairman, GATE, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, Website: gate.iitd.ac.in
4. Chairman, GATE, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati 781039, Website: gate.iitg.ac.in
5. Chairman, GATE, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208016, Website: gate.iitk.ac.in
6. Chairman, GATE, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, Website: iitg.ac.in/gate-jam
7. Chairman, GATE, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, Website: gate.iitm.ac.in
8. Chairman, GATE, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, Website: gate.iitr.ac.in
9. International GATE, IIT Madras
IIT Madras is not responsible for printing errors, if any.
GATE 2019 examinations will be conducted in select cities and towns in India as well as in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore.
|How To Apply:
For examination centres in India, the application fee is Rs. 750 for female candidates, Rs. 750 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and Rs. 1500 for all other candidates. Additional fee during extended period is Rs. 500.
For examination centres in Dubai and Singapore, the application fee is US$ 100, for Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu, the application fee is US$50. Additional fee during extended period is US$ 20. The application fee has to be paid ONLINE. The application fee once paid shall not be refunded.
Application Profess: All Candidates must apply online. For application, visit the
following URL: http://gate.iitm.ac.in Further details can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: 1st September, 2018
Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application: 21st September, 2018
Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application: 1st October, 2018
Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable): 16th November, 2018
Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing): 4th January, 2019
GATE 2019 Examination: 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February, 2019
Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal: 16th March 2019 (Saturday)
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our Career Counsellors and Members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
ADMISSION ALERTS, ENTRANCE
EXAM ALERTS, VTUEEE 2017, XLRI RAPT 2017, AIIMS PG DOCTORAL 2017, CBSE UGC NET 2017, NCAT 2017, NSTSE 2017, X-GMAT 2017, OPENMAT-XLI 2017, NMAT 2017, IIFT MBA (IB) 2017, JAM 2017, GATE 2017, LSAT 2017, KIITEE 2017, LPUNEST MBA 2017, AIMA UGAT 2017, NID DAT 2017, GSIB ENTRANCE TEST GET 2017, MITID-DAT-2017, XAT 2017, AEEE 2017, TISS RAT 2017, NEET MDS 2017, NMET 2017, IIAST 2017, KMAT 2017, TISS BAT 2017, TISSNET 2017, GPAT 2017, UPTET 2017, JEST 2017, UPSC CDS (I) 2017, X-GMAT 2017, LPUNEST 2017, AICTE CMAT 2017, JEE MAIN 2017, JEE ADVANCED 2017, UPESEAT 2017, ULSAT 2017, NIFT Test 2017, AILET 2017, DNB CET SS 2017, NCHM JEE 2017, AFCAT 2017, X-GMAT 2017, IGNOU OPENMAT XLI 2017, VITEEE 2017, V-SAT 2017, GITAM GAT 2017, UPES MET 2017, SRMJEEE 2017, AIMA MAT FEBRUARY 2017, AIIMS (MBBS) 2017, IMU CET 2017, UID APTITUDE TEST 2017, IIT HSEE 2017, CLAT 2017, NEST 2017, BITSAT 2017, SAAT 2017, ITSAT 2017, MCAER-CET 2017, KERALA SET 2017, BEEE 2017, SLIET SET 2017, PAF ENTRANCE EXAM 2017, SEAT 2017, WBJEE 2017, IDAT 2017, TRIPURA JEE 2017, SOFT CET 2017, PUNE, PU MET 2017, NDA ENTRANCE 2017, MAHARASHTRA CET 2017, AILET 2017, BMAT 2017, HITSEEE 2017, AIIMS MBBS ENTRANCE 2017, TANCET 2017, UPSEE 2017, NATA 2017, ODISHA JEE 2017, NMIMS NPAT 2017, SIU SET 2017, KEAM (KERALA) 2017, NIMCET 2017, BHU PET 2017, IPU CET 2017, UPSC CSP 2017, JIPMER MBBS 2017, AP EAMCET 2017, COMEDK UGET 2017, CBSE NEET UG 2017, HPNLET 2017, DEET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, KEE
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, JNU
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
CAT 2016, CAT
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, MHT
CET 2016, DAVV CET 2016,
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, AIMA RMAT 2016,
UG 2016, BHU
PET 2016, TNSET
DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT
STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI