IIT Madras HSEE 2017, Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam 2017
||16 Apr 2017
||27 Jan 2017
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE 2017) is conducted by IIT, Madras for taking admission to integrated M.A in Development Studies and integrated M.A in English studies programs for the session 2017. HSEE will be held on Sunday, April 16, 2017. The program has been designed to expose students to many ideas and perspectives. The students choose their streams after experiencing the competing fields and subjects during the first two years. Specialization begins in the third year.The program has a total of 46 seats; each stream will have 23 seats.
Candidates applying for HSEE-2017 must have passed for the first time in 2016 or should be appearing in 2017 in any one of the following qualifying examinations (QE):
· The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
· Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
· Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
· Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
· Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
· H.S.C. vocational examination.
|How To Apply:
Application Procedure for HSEE 2017:
· Candidates can apply online from Saturday, December 17, 2016.
· Candidates must pay the examination fee as applicable is through net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ Indian bank challan that will be generated during the process of application.
· The examination fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD candidates is Rs.1100/-.
· The examination fee for all other categories is Rs. 2200/-. Additionally, the service charges of the bank will be Rs.30/-.
Paper Pattern for HSEE 2017:
· HSEE-2017 examination is of three hours duration and has two parts.
· Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration (150 minutes), administered through computer.
· Part II involves essay writing for 30 minutes to be written on answer sheet distributed to the candidates at the end of part I.
· Part I covers the following topics: English and Comprehension Skill; Analytical and Quantitative Ability; General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economics (since Independence), Indian Society, Contemporary World Affairs (post-World War II); and (iv) Environment and Ecology.
· Part II requires the candidate to write an essay on general topic involving deion, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
Start date of online application process: Saturday, December 17, 2016.
Payment of examination fee through Indian bank challan/net banking/ credit card/ debit card: Saturday, December 17, 2016.
End date of payment of examination fee: Friday, January 27, 2017.
Last date for submission of online application: Friday, January 27, 2017.
Last date for submission of hard copy of the self-attested certificate of respective category: Friday, January 27, 2017.
Admit card can be downloaded from the HSEE website from: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 to Saturday, April 15, 2017.
Date of HSEE: Sunday, April 16, 2017.
Date of declaration of result: Tuesday, May 09, 2017.
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our Career Counsellors and Members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
EXAM ALERTS, JEE
MAIN 2016, JEE ADVANCED
CMAT 2016, LSAT
DAT 2016, NIFT
Test 2016, IIFT
MBA (IB) 2016, NCAT
2016, DNB CET
SS 2016, NCHM JEE 2016, NMAT 2016, CEED
2016, AFCAT-1-2016, X-GMAT
OPENMAT-XXXIX 2016, UPCMET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, IIT
GAT 2016, KEE
MET 2016, KIITEE
UGAT 2016, GPAT
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, SRMJEEE
(KERALA) 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, UPSC
CDS 2016, JEST
RAPT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, NEST
2016, AIMA MAT
MAY 2016, BITSAT
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
JEE 2016, IPU CET 2016,
UGET 2016, TANCET
MBBS 2016, AP EAMCET
CAT 2016, SIU
SET 2016, AIIMS (MBBS)
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, AIIMS
PG DOCTORAL 2016, TISSNET
CET 2016, CBSE UGC
NET 2016, DAVV
CET 2016, KMAT
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, SLIET
SET 2016, NMIMS
NPAT 2016, AIMA
RMAT 2016, PIMS AICET UG
PET 2016, NMET
2016, MP DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT COURSES, BIOTECHNOLOGY,
MASS MEDIA, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, LAW, DISTANCE LEARNING,
MEDICAL, STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI