JEE ADVANCED 2017, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS
||21 May 2017
||02 May 2017
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
India - 600 036
Phone: +91 44 2257 8220
Fax: +91 44 2257 8224
The Joint Entrance Examination JEE-Advanced is an all-India examination administered and conducted in seven IIT zones across the country by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) for admission to Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs in the sixteen IITs (IIT Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai, Mandi, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Varanasi) and the Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad.
JEE Advanced is the popular examination conducted by the seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). For the year 2017, JEE Advanced will be conducted by IIT Madras. It is a national level examination through which admission to B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Science & Pharmacy is provided in IITs and ISM. This examination is open for Indian national as well as for foreign national candidates. JEE Advanced is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). The candidates can attempt this examination two consecutive times. Candidates may get the details about JEE Advanced 2017 including registration, application form, eligibility, exam dates, syllabus and rank list.
· B.Tech – Bachelor of Technology (4 years)
· B.S. – Bachelor of Science (4 years)
· B.Pharma – Bachelor of Pharmaceutics (4 years)
· B.Arch – Bachelor of Architecture (5 years)
· Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech – Dual Degree Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology (5 years)
· Dual Degree B.S.-M.S. – Dual Degree Bachelor of Science and Master of Science (5 years)
· Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharma – Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics (5 years)
· Integrated M.Tech – Integrated Master of Technology (5 years)
· Integrated M.Sc. – Integrated Master of Science (5 years)
IIT Advanced Exam Pattern
Papers: JEE Advanced examination comprises of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Attempt: Candidates have to attempt both the papers.
Duration: The duration of both exams will be three hours.
Question Type: The question paper will consist of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions.
Mode of Language: The medium of the question paper will be Hindi or English.
Subjects: Both question paper will contain the three separate sections i.e., Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2017:
The candidates who want to take admission in the B.Arch programme are required to qualify the AAT examination. Only JEE Advanced 2017 qualifiers will be eligible to appear the test. To take AAT, the candidates have to register themselves online on the official portal of JEE Advanced. It is the single paper of 3 hours duration. Those, secure marks above the cut-off marks will be considered as qualifiers for the AAT. There will no separate rank list be prepared for AAT. Admission will be done through the rank secured by the candidate in JEE Advanced 2017.
IIT JEE Exam Centres:
Last year, the examination was held in many towns and cities of India as well as in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. At the time of filling online application form, the candidates can choose three cities/towns where he/she wants to take the exam. The examination centres are separated into seven IITs zones namely IIT Bombay Zone, IIT Delhi Zone, IIT Guwahati Zone, IIT Kanpur Zone, IIT Kharagpur Zone, IIT Madras Zone and IIT Roorkee Zone.
IIT JEE Syllabus 2017
JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus will be composed of three subjects like Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Candidates wishing to appear in architecture courses offered by IITs, have to appear in AAT exam and they have to study some extra syllabus for this exam. the brief IIT Advanced syllabus is as following:
Electricity and Magnetism
Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
All the aspirants are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for JEE Advanced 2017. The eligibility conditions that should be satisfied by the candidates are as follows:
Performance in Class XII: Candidate appearing for JEE Advanced 2017 has to score minimum 75% marks (for Gen/OBC) & 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in 12th or equivalent class. OR
Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.
If a candidate passes Class XII (or equivalent) in 2016, but writes one of the required subjects (mentioned above) in 2017 for improvement or any other reason, then the aggregate percentage will be calculated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects.
Performance in JEE (Main) 2017: Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2017.
Age Limit: Candidates must possess the age on or after October 1, 1992. Five years age relaxation will be provided to the SC/ST candidates. These candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1987.
No of Attempts: The candidates can appear the examination maximum two times in a consecutive years. Those appeared the examination in 2016 are also eligible to apply this year.
However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2014-15 were declared after June 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
Must have appeared the 12th class first time with all the subjects either in the year 2016 or 2017. If candidate seeking for the improvement in the year 2017 then he/she has to appear the improvement exam in all the subjects.
Earlier admission at IITs: A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOTeligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2016 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat (by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2016) are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
The seats are reserved as per the rules of Indian government. The reservation for different categories are as follows:
For SC – 15%
For ST – 7.5%
For OBC-NCL – 27%
For remaining all – 50.5%
For Person with Disability (PwD) – 3% seats are reserved in each of the categories.
|How To Apply:
· Candidates have to register themselves for appearing in JEE Advanced-2017. Registration can be done through the online portal, only.
· Candidates must read all the instructions before registering him, herself for the JEE Advanced-2017.
· Candidates must satisfy each and every eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification of JEE Advanced-2017.
· If any candidate found, not meeting any of the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification of JEE Advanced-2017, then his, her registration will automatically get cancelled.
· If a candidate did not opt for appearing in JEE Advanced-2017 while registering for JEE MAIN-2017, he, she can register for JEE Advanced 2017.
· Application for JEE (Advanced) 2017 cannot be withdrawn in any condition after the registration is completed.
· Registration fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
· Detailed instructions for online registration will be provided on the registration portal.
The details about the registration fee is given below:
Examination Centres in India
Female Candidates Rs 1200/-
SC/ST/PwD Candidates Rs 1200/-
All Other Candidates Rs 2400/-
Examination Centre Outside India
All Candidates USD 135 (For SAARC Countries)
All Candidates USD 270 (For Non-SAARC Countries)
1. Candidates need to upload certain certificates and documents at the time of registration for the JEE Advanced-2017. Following is the list of such documents and certificates: All candidates:
2. A colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centered in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph and taken within the last six months. The photograph should be such that it allows unambiguous identification of the candidate.
3. Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it OR birth certificate.
4. Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2016).
5. Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature.
6. Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression.
If the name is not same as in the Class X certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
JEE Advanced 2017 Registration date 28th April 2017
JEE Advanced 2017 Registration close 2nd May, 2017
Admit Card Downloading Starts from 10th – 21st May, 2017
JEE Advanced (Paper-1 and Paper-2) 21st May, 2017 (9 – 12 PM & 2 – 5 PM)
Online display of ORS and scanned responses 31st May to 3rd June 2017
Display of Answer Keys 4th June, 2017
Collecting candidate’s feedback on answer keys 4th – 6th June, 2017
Result Declared on 11th June, 2017
Date for the online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 11th – 12th June, 2017
Exam date for Architecture Aptitude Test 14th June, 2017
AAT Result Announcement Date 18th June, 2017
Seat Allotment Starts from 19th June to 18th July, 2017
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our Career Counsellors and Members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
EXAM ALERTS, JEE
MAIN 2016, JEE ADVANCED
CMAT 2016, LSAT
DAT 2016, NIFT
Test 2016, IIFT
MBA (IB) 2016, NCAT
2016, DNB CET
SS 2016, NCHM JEE 2016, NMAT 2016, CEED
2016, AFCAT-1-2016, X-GMAT
OPENMAT-XXXIX 2016, UPCMET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, IIT
GAT 2016, KEE
MET 2016, KIITEE
UGAT 2016, GPAT
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, SRMJEEE
(KERALA) 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, UPSC
CDS 2016, JEST
RAPT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, NEST
2016, AIMA MAT
MAY 2016, BITSAT
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
JEE 2016, IPU CET 2016,
UGET 2016, TANCET
MBBS 2016, AP EAMCET
CAT 2016, SIU
SET 2016, AIIMS (MBBS)
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, AIIMS
PG DOCTORAL 2016, TISSNET
CET 2016, CBSE UGC
NET 2016, DAVV
CET 2016, KMAT
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, SLIET
SET 2016, NMIMS
NPAT 2016, AIMA
RMAT 2016, PIMS AICET UG
PET 2016, NMET
2016, MP DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT COURSES, BIOTECHNOLOGY,
MASS MEDIA, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, LAW, DISTANCE LEARNING,
MEDICAL, STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI