NEST 2017, National Entrance Screening Test 2017
||27 May 2017
||06 Mar 2017
National Institute of Science Education and Reserch (NISER) Bhubaneswar
University of Mumbai - Dept. of Atomic Energy, Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, (UM-DAE CBS) Mumbai, NISER, Institute of Physics Campus, Sachivalaya Marg, Sainik School (PO), Bhubaneswar-751005, Odisha
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. The test is conducted in around 60 cities [see list] (over 100 venues) across India. The brochure gives the detailed procedure for applying for the test, syllabus of the test and various dead lines.
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 1997. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2015 or 2017. Candidates appearing in 2017 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
The exam will be consisted of one paper only comprising in 5 sections and each section comprise in 60 questions and each question will carry one mark. Section one will be compulsory for all while section 2 to 5 will be from subjects as physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. Only three highest scored sections will be considered for merit calculation. There will be negative marking in sections 2 to 5. The mode of language will be English only.
|How To Apply:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE SECTION-I: Application steps
Online application is done only through https://www.nestexam.in
You are advised to visit the NEST–2017 website (www.nestexam.in) and read the NEST 2017 brochure carefully before starting the application process. Here are the salient points of the application procedure.
1. Register yourself at the website. You need a valid email id to do so. Click the ‘Apply Online’ link on the NEST–2017 website to reach the online application page on/after 02nd January, 2017. You need to provide your name, a valid email-id and a password of your choice in window. 1. You will receive an email at the email-id provided by you, containing a link to confirm your registration. Click that link to confirm your registration. After confirmation, in window. 2., provide the same email-id & password, enter the secret code and click on ‘Login’. The application process allows multi-session data entry. You can login to your application profile as many times as you wish, using the same login details. If you forget your password then click ‘forgot password’ link to retrieve your password. For safety reasons you are allowed to retrieve the password only twice.
2. Application process – Page 1: Fill/Edit Form (Basic Information of the candidate) Page 1 of the application process asks for personal information, choice of exam centres and academic details. You are required to furnish details of qualifying board examinations of Xth and XIIth standards. If your board provides CGPA instead of percentage then calculate the ‘equivalent percentage’ as per the guideline given by your board. Typically, CGPA is multiplied by 9.5 to convert it to ‘equivalent percentage’ value. For example, if your CGPA is 8.1 then your equivalent percentage is 76.95% (8.1x9.5). Please note, NEST committee takes the final decision on this conversion factor. Fill all other mandatory fields, save and proceed to the next page. The next page will show your newly generated application number. Your application number is important for all future communications with NEST office till you take admission to the programme.
3. Application process – Page 2: Upload (photo and signature) In page 2 of the application process you are required to upload JPG files of your passport size photograph and signature. Scan your passport size photograph & your signature and save them as JPEG files with sizes of maximum 100 KB each. Make sure that images are properly cropped. DO NOT LEAVE empty spaces around photo or signature. If your photograph and signature appear too small in the preview, that is probably because of improper cropping. Crop properly without leaving empty spaces around and upload again. You are strongly advised to follow the detailed instruction provided there. You may, however, choose to provide them in next login, in case you are not ready with them. In that case you can logout and return later.
4. Application process – Page 3: Make Payment Page 3 of the application process provides two online payment gateways (as per the ‘Fee structure’ given in section-II) among which you need to choose one.
Online payment: Convenient, paper-less option for payment using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking without visiting any bank. Online payment is possible through TechProcess / SBIe-Pay payments gateways. The charges for cards/netbanking of different banks are given in the payment page. SBI-e-Pay payment gateway provides 3 chances (max) for each application number to retry payment against failed transactions. However, there is no such limit for TechProcess payment gateway. The amount debited for failed transactions will be refunded automatically within 7 days. Contact technical support (0674-2494360) if amount has been deducted and website failed to redirect to NEST page after payment was made. Payment status can be updated only if your transaction was SUCCESSFUL. The fee structure is outlined on next page.
5. Application process – Page 4: Verify all information on the application preview page and Submit Once all the mandatory fields in pages 1 through 3 are provided, including photograph & signature, a single page preview of your application is generated. The page contains your photograph, signature along with other important information. If you want to change any information you need to logout and re-login. For safety reasons you are not allowed to visit the previous pages directly using browser backspace button. Verify and confirm if all information on the preview page is correct and the photograph and the signature are properly visible. Once satisfied, submit your application. 2 / 2 Please remember that once submitted, NEST office immediately receives your data. You are not allowed to further edit any information.
6. Take printout of the application summary page (optional). Once you submit your application, a summary page is being generated and made available to print directly. You may keep one copy for future references. However, you are NOT required to send any document to NEST office ( initiative). You can login to your application account and track updates on your application/payment after 3 working days. Once NEST office verifies your candidature, your ADMIT CARD will be generated and made available for download on/after 16th April, 2017. In case you face any difficulty or need any guidance at any stage, please send an email to NEST mailing address firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly the problem(s) encountered. Telephone calls regarding filling of applications will not be entertained.
Address of correspondence: The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2017 National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) At/PO-Jatni, District- Khurda, PIN- 752050, Odisha, India
SECTION-II: FEE STRUCTURE
Particulars Application Fee 1 Male (General and OBC categories) Rs.700/- 2 Male (SC and ST categories) Rs.350/- 3 Female (All categories) Rs.350/- 4 Persons with Physical Disability (All categories) Rs.350/-
Registration / Online application opens: January 02, 2017 (10:00 am) [First Monday of January]
Online application closes: March 06, 2017 (midnight) [First Monday of March]
Download of admit card starts: April 14, 2017, 10:00 am [Second Friday of April]
Date of examination: May 27, 2017 (Saturday), 10:00 am - 1:00 pm [Last Saturday of May]
Announcement of results on NEST website: June 16, 2017 [Third Friday of June]
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our Career Counsellors and Members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
EXAM ALERTS, JEE
MAIN 2016, JEE ADVANCED
CMAT 2016, LSAT
DAT 2016, NIFT
Test 2016, IIFT
MBA (IB) 2016, NCAT
2016, DNB CET
SS 2016, NCHM JEE 2016, NMAT 2016, CEED
2016, AFCAT-1-2016, X-GMAT
OPENMAT-XXXIX 2016, UPCMET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, IIT
GAT 2016, KEE
MET 2016, KIITEE
UGAT 2016, GPAT
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, SRMJEEE
(KERALA) 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, UPSC
CDS 2016, JEST
RAPT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, NEST
2016, AIMA MAT
MAY 2016, BITSAT
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
JEE 2016, IPU CET 2016,
UGET 2016, TANCET
MBBS 2016, AP EAMCET
CAT 2016, SIU
SET 2016, AIIMS (MBBS)
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, AIIMS
PG DOCTORAL 2016, TISSNET
CET 2016, CBSE UGC
NET 2016, DAVV
CET 2016, KMAT
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, SLIET
SET 2016, NMIMS
NPAT 2016, AIMA
RMAT 2016, PIMS AICET UG
PET 2016, NMET
2016, MP DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT COURSES, BIOTECHNOLOGY,
MASS MEDIA, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, LAW, DISTANCE LEARNING,
MEDICAL, STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI