AIIMS Patna is the vision of the Hon’ble ex-Prime minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee who decided to give to the nation six regional AIIMS with the mandate to provide the most modern healthcare to the last man in the queue at affordable cost. AIIMS Patna was created by the ordinance dated 16th July, 2012 and then the Act (Amendment), 2012 on 2nd July, 2013. In all, 6 new AIIMS have been created and taken care by the PMSSY (Prime Minister Swasthya Surakhsa Yojana). The work started in 2010 with construction in six packages by the Project Monitoring Unit of the MoHFW and is referred to as AIIMS project. The project management at individual sites was done by a Superintending Engineer on behalf of the MoHFW, the DPR consultant, the project consultant and the contractors till date.
Open Candidates: a candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a degree of doctor of philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
1. Medical: MD or DNB in the subject concerned, candidates who have obtained any of these degrees from medical colleges which are not recognized by the medical council of india/National Medical Commission shall not be eligible to apply.
2. Non-Medical Candidates: for non-medical candidates' eligibility shall be master's degree (with minimum 60% marks) awarded by Indian universities or equivalent in the subject as per requirement of the project.
Candidate possessing master's degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible.
3. ALSO, the candidate should have qualified in any one of the following national Entrance tests in the last 2 years for research fellowship:
i. Joint CSIR-UGC NET
iv. Graduate aptitude test (GATE)
v. Inspire fellowship
· Candidates working under central govt/semi govt./autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a "No objection Certificate" from their employer before they are allowed to join the phD course.
· The canidates, who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by july 31st of that year, may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after 31st july of that year. are not eligible to take up this interview.
· Applicants from AIIMS Faculty/Scientific staff of AIIMS Patna for PhD registration will be considered as in-service candidates as per guidelines laid down by AIIMS, patna in this regard.
· After declaration of results, the selection letters will be issued by the dean office to the candidates who have submitted undertaking/certificate proof of their funding sources through concerned head of the Departments.
1. Application forms are available at AIIMS Patna website.
2. The candidate interested, should fill the application form with correct and accurate details.
3. The relevant self-attested documents should be attached with the application form.
4. The dully fulled application form should be send through speed post to the Dean, All india Institute of Medical Sciences, Phulwarisharif, Patna, Bihar - 801507 to reach on or before 10.7.2021 at 5.00pm. The envelope should be marked as "Application for PhD Admission 2021-22". Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will be disqualified.
· General/OBC Category: Rs. 1500/-
· SC/sT Categroy: Rs. 1200/-
· PWBD Candidates is exempted from any fee
Offline Application Submission Dates: 1st July to 10th July, 2021
Date of Interview, Time and Venue: 15th July, 2021 (10:00am) Onwards [Venue: Committee Hall, College Building, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna]