Sanjay Shiksha Samiti with its heritage of excellence in education for over 53 years, launched Apex University (AU), Jaipur. The University has been established by Rajasthan State Legislature Act No. 27 of 2018. The main campus of the University is spread over a sprawling 30 acres campus in an eco-friendly environment at Achrol on Jaipur-Delhi National Highway and is one of the best campuses in the region. AU has world class infrastructure, including state-of-the art research facilities and modern library. In line with Sanjay Shiksha Samiti's legacy of providing quality education, the university uses the latest and innovative methods and technology to impart education.
Recognition & Affiliation: Apex University - Established By The Rajasthan State Legislature Act No 27 of 2018. Recognized By UGC.
I. Eligibility for Full Time PhD Program:
1. Candidates who have qualified for the Master's degree from any academic institution recognized by UGC (with not less than 55% of marks, or equivalent CGPA and above in the 10-point scale) are eligible to register for PhD at Apex University.
2. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently- abled and other categories of candidates as per the guidelines of the University Grants Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible only on the basis of the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
3. In case of candidates holding a qualifying degree from foreign universities/ institution, registration for PhD at Apex University will be confirmed after determination of equivalence by the Director Admission.
4. GPAT/JRF/GATE/NET/SLET/MPhil qualified candidates are exempted from Written Test. However, they will have to appear for interview. The eligibility of Certificate will be decided as per the guidelines issued by awarding agency.
5. A candidate would be allowed to register for PhD in a department relevant to his/her field of study, but the degree would be awarded from the Faculty in which he/she has got his/her PG degree.
II. Eligibility for Part-Time PhD
1. The Applicant should possess the Minimum Entry Qualifications for the degree;
2. The Applicant proves that his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time to research; Necessary facilities for pursuing research are available at the Applicant's work place recognized for the chosen field of research.
Admission to the Ph.D. Program is offered to eligible candidates on the basis of a written examination and an interview. Consequently, all applicants who qualify in the written / Online examination have to appear for the personal interview on the same day or very next day. Candidates who have qualified for national level fellowships or equivalent valid fellowship in the relevant subject/discipline may be exempted from the written examination but not from the interview. No request for remote online interviews would be entertained.
University admits candidates by a two-stage process through Entrance Test and Personal Interview:
1. Entrance Test:
The Entrance Test shall be a single paper having two sections with tota1100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) 100Marlcs and duration of test shall be 120 Minutes. The candidates shall be required to answer all questions. MCQs each carrying one mark, there will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
The Entrance Test Question Paper shall be divided in two Sections. (Language of question papers will be in English only)
• Section ‘A’ Research Methodology: Shall consist of 50 MCQs. (Syllabus As per Annexure -A)
• Section 'B' Subject Specific: This part shall contain SO subjects specific MCQs based on Master degree level syllabus and are designed to test a candidate's knowledge of subject in which he/she has applied for admission in PhD Program.
2. Personal Interview:
All PhD candidates are required to bring Power Point Presentation (10-15 slides) of their research interest area before theResearch Committee. The interview / viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
• The candidate possesses the competence for carrying out the proposed research;
• The research work can he suitably undertaken at the University;
• The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge
For more information about “How to Apply” please visit college website.
Last Date for submission of online Application: 31st January, 2022
Research Entrance Test: 5th February, 2022