To establish, nurture and sustain an environment conducive to learning seeking and imparting knowledge, conducting research and cultivating curiosity of mind in students and faculty members.
To build an ethos of compassionate and empathetic care and concern among students and faculty members for patients and their relatives.
To build an enduring edifice of character and empathy among students and faculty members.
To prepare young medical students for a glorious, prestigious and noble career with special knowledge of armed forces requirements, and inculcate in them the spirit to serve the nation and to balance it in equal measure by skills of hand and heart.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Non- Resident Indians (NRIs) are not eligible.
Candidate should be of 17 (Seventeen) years.
c. Essential Qualifications
Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Sciences (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognized University/Board of any
d. Minimum Aggregate
Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50 % marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
e. Eligibility For Admission To ACMS
The admission to the ACMS is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible Ex Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their
1. eligibility for admission to ACMS at the time of Counseling/Admission:
The applicants must fall into any one of the following categories
· Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
· Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, family pension, liberalized family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, Release/Impalement Medical Board. This includes children of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
· Children of Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or been released after ten years of service.
2. Adopted/Step children and children of Remarried Widows
· Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
· Step children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and who is other wise eligible.
3. Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
· Children of only those Army Medical Corps/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Navy or Air Force are eligible who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
· Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-servicemen as per Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, letter No 9(52)/88/D(Res) dt 19 Jul 89.
· Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
· Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS & completed 10 years of service and who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
· Children of members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
· Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Note: Children of Paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Rifles, GREF and DSC are not eligible for the admission in ACMS.
How to Obtain Prospectus & Application Form: Read Qualifications and Eligibility Conditions carefully before applying. To obtain Prospectus & Application Form: Send Bank Draft in favour of concerned Institution directly, payable at station where institution is located. Application form can also be downloaded from website of the institute. Prospectus also available at HQ AWES and HQs Command (AWES Cell) through DD only in favour of institute concerned. Submitting of application will be by hand or by registered post to concerned institute/college.
Note: For further details refer prospectus of respective colleges. Conditions given in respective prospectus apply. Final year candidates may appear provisionally. Prospectus on sale by Second Week of Jan 2014 onwards. The final dates will be announced in ACMS Website around 1st week of January 2014.