IIMT University has been established to promote Indian culture and research based education to the new generation. Ever-changing technology and proliferation of new ideas pose new challenges to the universities around the world to develop and deliver innovative curriculum to stay relevant. The jobs of the future lie in creativity and hence IIMT University lays greater emphasis on research and innovation on the guidelines of Bhartiya Sanskriti. Our core values will remain the guiding principles to nurture our students so that they have sustainable competitive advantage and become change agents in social and economic spheres. Our holistic approach to all round development is reflected in the considerable importance we give to out-of-classroom activities as well. IIMT University has a provision of sports in its curricula. The University also runs NCC centre within campus to instill in our students a sense of ‘service to the nation’.
Eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D. Programmes:
1. Master's degree or a professional degree in the concerned subject or in a cognate or an allied/interdisciplinary subject, declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
2. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Note: Candidates appearing in final semester of qualifying examinations may also apply; however, they should produce the documents of above mentioned eligibility criteria at the time of interview, failing to which their candidature will be rejected.
Candidates exempted from Written Entrance Test for PhD Program
1. Candidates who have cleared a national level examination like CSIR/UGC-NET Including JRF/ SLET, DBT-JRF, ICMR- JRF, DST-INSPIRE, GPAT, GATE or equivalent valid fellows may appear for interview without appearing in the Ph.D. entrance test of University.
Candidates who have appeared in the above examinations but awaiting results may also apply. However, they shall be called for the interview only upon providing a valid documentary evidence of having qualified.
2. Candidates who have obtained M.Phil. With 55 percent marks may appear for interview without entrance test.
Note: But they have to apply online on the prescribed form before the due date along with fee.
Eligibility for Ph.D. program (Part-time)
Part-time Research student/scholar may include University faculty/staff, project staff like JRF etc. who are on rolls of the University and working under the project supervisors for various sponsored projects if the duration of the Project at the time of admission is around 3 years. Further, scholars who may be working elsewhere and willing to meet the Ph.D program progression requirements like residential requirement/ course work and following requirements-
(i) The applicant is required to reside at the institute for a period till he/she is admitted for candidacy (This condition of minimum residency period will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in IIMT University or in organizations/institutions located within a distance of 100 KM from the university).
(ii) The applicant proves that his official duties permit him to devote sufficient time to research.
Note- The University may be enrolled as a part time students/scholars (in the School/ Departments which may offer part time programs) subject to production of a “No Objection Certificate” from their organization and after satisfying above requirements.
The candidates for Ph.D. programmes will be admitted by two stage process through entrance test (Multiple Choice Questions) and interview/viva-voce:
1. Candidates shall have to undergo an entrance test consisting of two sections. Section I: Research Methodology (50 marks) and Section II: Subject specific test, based on Post Graduate syllabi of the concerned/ allied subject (50 marks). Total marks: 100.
2. The question paper will contain 100 (50 in each section) objective type questions (Multiple Choice Questions).
3. Candidate can visit the University website www.iimtu.com for the syllabi of postgraduate programs of concerned subjects and a common syllabus of Research Methodology for the Entrance Test.
4. The students shall be allowed a maximum of two hours to complete the test.
5. Qualifying cut-off marks in Entrance Test shall be 50%.
6. All the qualified candidates in the Entrance Test shall be called for interview along with the candidates exempted from the entrance test.
7. An interview/viva-voce (50 Marks) shall be organized by the concerned Department of the University where the candidates shall be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted DRC.
8. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
A. The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
B. The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College/university;
C. The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
D. Allotment of seats in the Campus shall be made on the basis of overall merit and preference opted by the candidates.
All the qualified candidates should bring the hard copy of their on line application (Receipt of fee deposited at the time of online form filling) along with all the original documents and certificates at the time of interview.
Step 1: Fill the personal details, educational details, upload the photograph and signature.
Step 2: Deposit the online fee through the University website/Net banking/Paytm.
Step 3: After confirmation download the complete application form.
Step 4: Complete application form send to the University along with photo copy of all the supporting documents duly attested by the candidate.
The Head Ph.D Cell
Block-B, IIMT University,
'O' Pocket Ganga Nagar
Mawana Road, Meerut-250001
How to deposit fee:
Fee of Rs. 1500/- can be submitted online through
(i) Net Banking
A/C No: 0318002100055452
IFSC Code: PUNB0031800
Please Note: Bank draft/or any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
Availability of Application forms on University web site: 12th April, 2021 (Monday)
Last Date of online Submission of application form and Fee: 27th June, 2021 (Sunday)
Entrance Exam & Personal Interview: 2nd July, 2021(Friday)