The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) took birth as National Tissue Culture Facility in March 11, 1986 with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune campus, Pune. During its transformation, the centre has undergone several changes to facilitate achievement of its goals. The centre has expanded its scientific charter to strengthen basic research in the areas of cancer biology, cell biology, immunology, genomics and proteomics.
Eligibility for NCCS Ph.D Programme and Instructions:-
1. Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for Reserved Categories SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST-Inspire qualified in NET-LS or GATE examination/ BINC, etc.
2. Students with post graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 8th December, 2019 will be eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS December 2019 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
1. Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the "Project List of ICMR" are not eligible.
2. NCCS's Ph.D. program is a fully residential program. The selected candidates will have to stay on campus.
3. Students who have a fellowship and are expected to be awarded M.Sc, Degree by the end of the July-2021 are also eligible to apply. Their selection will be provisional and will be cancelled if they are unable to provide proof of fulfilling eligibility criteria by end of November, 2021. No further request for time extension will be entertained.
MODE OF APPLICATION:-
The Complete application form (download from NCCS web site). Along with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (One PDF file containing application in prescribed format along with certificates) on or before 21.05.2021
Last Date of Receipt of Application at NCCS with all required documents: 21st May, 2021
Date & Time of Interview: 22nd, 23rd and 24th June, 2021 from 9.00 am onwards
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot