The National Institute of Ayurveda was established on 7th February 1976 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The Institute is first of its kind in
1. To promote the Growth and Development of Ayurveda.
2. To produce Graduates and Post-Graduates in all Branches of Ayurveda.
3. To conduct Research on various aspects of Ayurveda
4. To provide Medical Care through Ayurvedic Systems of Medicine to the suffering humanity.
5. To provide and assist in providing service and facilities of highest order for Research, Evolution, Training, Consultation and Guidance to Ayurvedic System of Medicine.
6. To conduct Experiments and develop Patterns of Teaching Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Education in all branches of Ayurveda.
NIA is an apex Institute under the Department of AYUSH for promoting the growth and development of Ayurveda as a model Institute for evolving high standards of teaching, training, research and patient care and also to invoke scientific outlook to the knowledge of Ayurvedic System of Medicine. The Institute, an Autonomous Body under Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, is registered under the Rajasthan Societies Registration Act, 1958.
The erstwhile Government Ayurvedic College of Jaipur of the Govt. of Rajasthan was merged to form the Institute. All the teaching and non-teaching staff of the then Government Ayurvedic College of Jaipur and also the teaching staff of Government Ayurvedic College of Udaipur were screened for absorption in the Institute. Those staff recommended by the Screening Committee and approved by the Governing Body were finally absorbed in the Institute.
The City of
After its establishment in 1976, the Institute had grown tremendously in the field of Teaching, Training, Research, Patient Care etc. as a result of which it has now 14 Specialties for PG Course and 9 Specialties for Fellowship Program leading to Ph.D., apart from the Graduate Course and a Diploma Course in AYUSH Nursing & Pharmacy. In the coming years, more Branches will be introduced for Post-Graduate Education and also for Fellowship Programs.
· MD/MS degree in Ayurveda is a concerned subject from an institute recognized by CCIM.
· PG Degree must be complete at the closing date of the Application Form i.e. 31-5-2021.
· No candidate shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D. Program if he/she is already registered for any full-time Program in other University/Institution
· 2 seats will be reserved for foreign nationals per session. The subject availability for Ph.D.to foreign nationals will be on the basis of rotation
· Foreign nationals will apply through ICCR in prescribed format. Applications received through ICCR will only be entertained
Reservation of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC) to the prescribed extent (according to the policy of Government of India) shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University
· The Brochure containing details of Entrance Test along with Application Form is available in Institute Website.
· Eligible candidates can download the Application Form and submit completely filled Application Form with supporting documents and prescribed fees to National Institute of Ayurveda
· Last dates for receiving applications applying for category A is 31/05/2021, 5.00 PM and for category B is 15/05/2021 till 5:00 PM by post, in person or through email
· Applications received after the last date will not be entertained.
· Duly completed application form along with the receipt of the online payment and the required documents shall be submitted to Registrar, National Institute of Ayurveda Deemed to be University (De-novo) through registered/speed post or in person on or before the last date of form submission till 5:00 PM. Form received after the last date shall not be entertained.
· Exam fee for the entrance Exam is as under:
· For SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities(PwD) – Rs. 2500/-
· For all other categories (Unreserved, OBC etc.) – Rs. 3000/-
· A common entrance exam for Ph.D. Program of various subjects will be conducted for screening of the applicants.
· Entrance Test shall consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). All the candidates applying under category A for Ph.D. program shall appear for the Entrance exam conducted by the National Institute of Ayurveda, Deemed to be University (De-novo).
· The test shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions covering 60 subject specific questions with the competence of PG standard 25 questions from Research Methodology and Statistics, 10 questions from the general knowledge regarding AYUSH and 5 questions from basic working knowledge about computers.
· The duration of the entrance exam shall be 90 minutes.
· Each question shall consist of one mark. For each right answer one mark will be awarded whereas for each wrong answer half mark shall be deducted.
· The shortlisted candidates (maximum 3 candidates for 1 Seat) on the basis of merit list will be called for interview
· 50% marks (45% for SC/ST Candidates) in the entrance exam are required to be eligible for appearing in the interview.
Centre for Entrance Exam
· Entrance exam shall be conducted at the National Institute of Ayurveda Jaipur. The date of the entrance exam shall be notified on the institute’s website
· National Institute of Ayurveda, Deemed to be University (De-novo) Jaipur reserves the right to change/cancel the Centre of exam and date without assigning any reason
· Students admitted through entrance test shall receive monthly stipend as per the Institute’s/AYUSH policy for a period of three years.
· Candidates selected from UGC-NET/JRF/SLET/AYUSH-NET/CSIR-NET/CCRAS Fellowship will not be paid any stipend from the institute
Date of Notification: 1st May, 2021
Closing date for receipt of application form: 31st May, 2021
Tentative Date for the conduct of the Entrance Exam: June 2021
For admission to UGC-NET/JRF/SLET/AYUSH-NET/CSIR-NET qualified candidates:
Date of Notification: 1st May, 2021
Closing date for receipt of application form: 15th May, 2021
Tentative Date of Interview: 19th May, 2021
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot
A Post Graduate Degree in Ayurveda in any discipline from a recognised University or Institution and duly recognised by CCIM.
Age: 35 Years (Relaxation of 5 Years for SC, ST, PH and Women and 3 Years for OBC)
Method of Selection: The Institute will conduct a Test at Jaipur to shortlist Candidates for this SRF (Ayurveda) Programme for CCRAS. The Test shall be of 200 Marks divided into 2 Papers of 100 Marks and 2 hours of duration each, viz. Paper-I Ayurveda carrying 100 Questions of Multiple Choice. (100 Marks). Paper-II Research Methodology, Latest Research in Ayurveda and Medicinal Plants Sector carrying 100 Questions of Multiple Choice. (100 Marks)
To know more details about how to apply Contact Address
Phone-No: 0141-2635709, 2635816