Established in 1982, Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an internationally acclaimed Institution, which offers training program, academic courses and advisory in wildlife research and management. The Institute is actively engaged in research across the breadth of the country on biodiversity related issues.
The Institute's idyllic campus that has been carefully developed to create state of the art infrastructure encourages scholarly work.
Masters’ Degree in Life Science (Botany/Zoology/Forestry/Statistics/Experimental Biology/Environmental Science/Biological Science/Wildlife Science/Agriculture/ Veterinary Science) with 55% aggregate or above. There would be 5% relaxation in marks for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST and OBC category. Candidates appearing in the final examination of the Post Graduate Degree, shall also be eligible to apply for the Entrance Test, but their admission to Ph.D. course would be subject to qualifying the entrance test and production of final mark sheet in the same academic term/semester. Qualified candidates of UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examination/SLET/NET/GATE or who are the teacher fellowship holders/M.Phil. Degree holders shall be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. However, they have to register through online process for submission of their application and registration fee and would be required to go through the process of Department Research Committee (DRC) of Saurashtra University for seeking registration in the Ph.D. Program.
Age Limit: There is no fixed upper age limit for appearing in Ph.D. Entrance Test of Saurashtra University in the discipline of Wildlife Science.
Validity Period: The candidates who qualify Saurashtra University Ph.D. Entrance Test at WII can register for Ph.D. Degree within two years from the date of declaration of result.
Ph.D. Eligibility Test for Saurashtra University in the discipline of Wildlife Science 2019:
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is a premier national institute for training and research in the field of wildlife conservation and management. The Institute’s idyllic ambience, state of the art infrastructure, acclaimed and diverse faculty provide a vibrant academic atmosphere for scholarly work. The Institute has been regularly engaging research personnel for various research projects and also encourages its researchers to pursue their career in the field of ‘Wildlife Science’ by providing a platform to register for Ph.D. Degree through affiliation at Saurashtra University, Rajkot. In this regard, the Institute intends to conduct Ph.D. eligibility test for registration in the Ph.D. Program of Saurashtra University, Rajkot, in the discipline of Wildlife Science on 28thOctober 2018 (Sunday) at 11.00 hrs at Dehradun.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING:
The candidates are required to apply online. The relevant link for registration will be made available from 01 September 2018. Online submission of application will be allowed on the website up to 23:59 hrs on 30 September 2018. Interested applicants, may refer institute’s website for details of instructions i.e. eligibility criteria, syllabus and examination centre(s) etc. No other mean/mode of application shall be accepted. Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling ONLINE application and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA, fees etc. carefully. Before filling application online, candidates should keep ready a scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format (Photo size less than 500 KB and signature size less than 200 KB). Fill in the online form with all the relevant details. Upload scanned copy of the photograph and signature. Candidates should ensure that the relevant details viz. Name, Date of Birth, Address, etc. entered in application form should be correct. Downloading of admit card will start from 10th October 2018. The date of examination is 28.10.2018 at Dehradun at 1100 hrs. Examination Centre will be allotted on admit card through M/s. Armezo Solutions, New Delhi.
1. 1 The duration of the Ph.D. entrance test will be 120 minutes. The question paper shall contain only ‘Multiple Choice Questions. Qualifying eligibility marks will be as per UGC norms.
2. 2 The examination fee is Rs. 1000 (Rs. One thousand only). Once the fee is paid, it will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility norms including educational qualification(s) as on date of submission of the application can apply for Ph.D. entrance test of Saurashtra University.
3. 3 Candidates are advised to give specific, correct and complete information. All original certificates/documents in support of information furnished in the application form are to be produced at the time of interview/RDC at Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun, failing which the candidate will be disqualified for appearing in interview. Candidature of the candidates is liable to be rejected at any stage of admission process or after admission, if any information provided by the candidates is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
4. 4 For getting the benefit of reservation under OBC category, the name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the central list of Other Backward Classes (OBC) available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC, will have to submit non-creamy layer certificate at the time of interview in the prescribed format issued from the designated authority.
5. 5 Mobile phones, pagers, calculators or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examination conducted by the Institute. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
Examination Centre: Dehradun
Last Date: 30th September, 2018 up to 23:59 hrs
Downloading of admit card will start from: 10th October, 2018
The date of examination is: 28th October, 2018 at Dehradun at 1100 hrs.
1. Bachelor of Science degree with Biological Science as a major subject - Bachelor degree holder in Veterinary, Forestry, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences are also eligible.
2. Minimum of 15 years of formal education (either 10+2+3 or 11+2+2)
3. Minimum of 55% aggregate marks in B.Sc.
Candidates appearing for final year/semester B.Sc. exam are also eligible to apply, provided they have secured a minimum of 50 % aggregate till second year and on completion of their degree will achieve a minimum of 55% aggregate. Such candidates must produce mark sheet of their graduation at the time of their Personality and Aptitude Test, failing which, their candidature will be treated as cancelled. Foreign nationals who do not have English as their native language should provide evidence of proficiency in English (e.g. TOEFL Score) for admission to this course. Candidates with Bachelor Degree from Universities outside
Age Limit: 35 years for in-service candidates and 30 years for others, as on
Selection: Eligible candidates will be required to appear for a written NET in any one of the centers (
1. Application form may be downloaded from the Institute website . Attested legible photocopies of all the certificates and mark sheets providing proof of eligibility, age of the candidate and certificate if belonging to SC/ST/OBC must be sent along with the application by Registered/Speed Post. Candidates who have GPA should provide a certificate from their University on its equivalence in percentage. Candidates must highlight aggregate percentage and date of birth in the attested photocopies. Three recent passport size photographs with signature of the candidate besides the one posted on the application form and a Bank Draft for Rs 300/- in favour of Director, Wildlife Institute of
2. The candidates can also apply online through the institute’s website. However, the documents required, four recent self signed passport size photographs and the Bank Draft should be sent by Registered/Speed Post, indicating the Application Number & Date of Submission generated while submitting the online application on the envelope, the covering letter and the enclosures.
Applications incomplete in any aspect will be rejected without assigning any reasons thereof. SC/ST candidates are exempted from application fee. In-service candidates should route their applications through proper channel. The envelope containing the application or annexure as the case should be marked on top“APPLICATION FOR XII-M.Sc. WILDLIFE SCIENCE” and sent to the Course Director, XII-M.Sc. Course, Wildlife Institute of India, Chandrabani, Dehradun 248 001, Uttarakhand. The last date for receiving application. Applications received after the last date and incomplete applications would be summarily rejected.