National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Joint Entrance Examination-2022
Address for Communication: First Floor, NSIC-MDBP Building,
Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi-110020
Call Centre Numbers: 0120- 2400850/1 7428206789
NTA Address: A-34, Sector 62, Noida -201309 (UP)
Help Line: For Technical Support, contact following during working days between 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Website: www.nta.ac.in and nchmjee.nta.nic.in email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry of Education (MOE), Government of India (GOI) has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier examining organization under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 for conducting efficient, transparent and international standards exams in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher educational institutions. National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT), was set up in 1982, as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India, for coordinated growth and development of hospitality management education in the country. The Council regulates academics in the field of Hospitality Education & training that is imparted at Institutes affiliated to it.
The Institutes affiliated to NCHMCT offer B.Sc. (Hospitality & Hotel Administration) programme jointly with the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year (Six Semester) course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. Admission to the course is through the NCHM JEE exam. The NCHM JEE score is accepted by all the participating Institutes for admission to the B.Sc (HHA) courses offered by their respective institutions.
NTA will be conducting the NCHM JEE-2022 on 28th May, 2022 (Saturday) in the Computer Based Test Mode. Timing of the Examination 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
· A candidate should have passed 10+2 system of Senior Secondary Examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects, from a recognized Educational Board. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
· Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in NCHM JEE 2022 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2022
· The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates / documents, including category certificate and PwD certificate (wherever applicable) at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, due to the inability to produce geniune certificate in original in support of passing 10+2 or equivalent examination and fulfillment of age criteria and category certificate or PwD certificate (wherever applicable), his/her admission will stand cancelled.
List of examinations equivalent to 10+2:
· Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
· Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
· General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
· High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University
· Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE) / Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary Education.
· Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) as well as State Board of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects
· H.S.C. Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned State/UT.
For candidates from General, General (EWS) and OBC categories, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2022. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1996 are eligible. In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates and Physically challenged candidates, upper age limit is 28 years as on 01.07.2022. That is SC/ST and Physicallly challenged candidates born on or after July 01, 1993 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of counseling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for Counselling/admission.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Candidates have to apply for NCHM JEE-2022 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website: https://nchmjee.nta.nic.in/. The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple Application Forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected. It is suggested that the candidate should keep the following ready before filling of the online Application Form:
· A computer with proper internet connectivity,
· The particulars of a valid Government ID proof,
· The Date of Birth (as mentioned in Class X Board Certificate),
· Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt IDs,
· Educational/Qualification details,
· Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background,
· Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb),
· List of City of your Choice (Refer Annexure-V for Cities),
· Bank account details for payment of fee,
· A valid e-mail Id as important communications will be made in this e-mail Id
· A valid mobile number as important information via SMS will be sent to this number.
Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form may be downloaded and read carefully by the candidate that to be sure about his/her eligibility and acquaint with requirements for submission of Online Application Form. In order to avoid correction in the particulars at a later stage, the candidate should exercise utmost caution while filling up the details in the Application Form.
Check List for filling the Online Application Form:
The candidates are advised to ensure the following points before filling the Online Application Forms:
(i) Whether they fulfill the eligibility conditions for the Test as prescribed under the heading ‘Conditions of Eligibility’.
(ii) That they have filled their gender and category viz General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/SC/ ST/Gen-EWS/ Male/Female/Transgender, in the relevant column correctly.
(iii) That they have filled the City of Examination in the relevant column correctly.
(iv) That the Person with Disability (PwD) candidate has filled the relevant column in the Online Application Form. Only PwD candidates have to fill this column and the others have to leave it blank.
(v) Whether they have kept a Printout of Application Form (confirmation page) for their own record.
Steps to be followed to Apply Online:
Step-1: Register for Online Registration using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down system generated Application Number.
Step-2: Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number. Upload legible scanned images of: (i) a recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb - 30kb); (iii) Category Certificate (file size 50 kb-300 kb), if applicable; (iv) PwD Certificate (file size 50 kb-300 kb), if applicable.
Step-3: Pay fee using the Payment Gateway(s) integrated to the Online Application through Net Banking Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI / Wallet and keep proof of fee paid.
All the Steps can be done together or at separate timings.
After (successful completion of Steps, Confirmation Page of the Application Form, should be downloaded and a printout of the same may be retained for future reference. The Confirmation Page of the online Application Form could be generated only after successful payment by the Candidate.
In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of Prescribed Fee, then the candidate should approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway integrator (in the helpline number and email given in Annexure- I of the Information Bulletin), for ensuring the successful payment. Inspite of above, if successful transaction is not reflected on the Portal, the candidate may contact NTA Helpline. If the payment issue is still not resolved, the candidate may pay second time. However, any duplicate payment received from the candidate by NTA in course of said transactions will be refunded through the same payment mode through which the duplicate payment is received, after fee reconciliation by NTA.
(i) The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step - 2 Step–3 are not completed, such Appliction Forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
(ii) No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained.
(iii) The entire application process of NCHM JEE-2022 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees and Printing of Confirmation page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation page to NTA through Post/Fax/By Hand/E-mail.
(iv) Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for latest updates and to check their e-mails.
(v) The NTA can make use of the data generated for the purpose of research and analysis.
(vi) All the candidates who have submitted the online application and paid the Examination fee till last date will be allowed to appear in NCHM JEE-2022 and their admit cards will be uploaded on the website as per schedule.
(vii) NTA does not verify the information filled by the candidates in the Application Form nor verifies any certificate of category/educational qualification for deciding the eligibility of candidates.
(viii) The certificates of educational qualification and category (if applied under reserved category) and PwD Status (wherever applicable) will be verified by the concerned institution. The candidates are, therefore, advised to ensure their eligibility and the category (if applying under reserved category) as well as PwD Status (wherever applicable) at the time of submission of application.
(ix) The NTA will, in no way, be responsible for any wrong/incorrect information furnished by the candidate(s) in his/her Online Application Form. The letter/emails/WhatsApp Message/Public Grievance in this regard will not be entertained by the NTA.
Fee payable for NCHM JEE 2022:
(through Canara Bank / PAYTM Payment Gateway through the payment modes: Credit Card /Debit Card / Net-Banking/UPI /Wallet)
General (UR)/ OBC-(NCL) as per Central List: Rs.1000/-
Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/PwD/ Third Gender: Rs.450/-
Online registration and submission of Application Form (complete in all respects) through NTA Website: 4th February, 2022 to 3rd May, 2022 (upto 05:00 P.M.)
Last date for successful transaction of Examination fee (through Credit / Debit Card/Net Banking, Paytm Payment Modes): 3rd May, 2022 (11:50 P.M.)
Date of the Examination: 28th May, 2022 (Saturday) at 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot