National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG), NEET UG 2022
Address for Correspondence:
National Testing Agency
First Floor, NSIC-MDBP Bullding, Okhla Industrial Estate,
New Delhi- 110020, Phone No.: 011-69227700, 011-40759000
Website: www.nta.ac.in, https://neet.nta.nic.in Email: email@example.com
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), which is now known as the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GOI) has established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent, autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organisation for conducting efficient, transparent and international standard tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission to premier higher education institutions.
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST [ NEET (UG) – 2022] will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on Sunday, the 17 July 2022 (Sunday) in Pen and Paper mode in 13 languages, as a uniform entrance examination for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental /AYUSH and other Colleges/ Deemed Universities /Institutes (AIIMS & JIPMER) in India, as per Section 14 of The National Medical Commission (NMC) Act, 2019 and relevant Graduate Medical Education Regulations (GMER) 1997, as amended from time to time. The languages in which the NEET (UG) 2022 would be conducted are : English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
Sub: Inviting Online Applications for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test [(NEET (UG)] - 2022 – Reg.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is inviting Online Applications for NEET (UG) – 2022 for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions in India. As per Section 14 of The National Medical Commission Act, 2019, the NEET (UG) has to be conducted as a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test [(NEET (UG)] for admission to undergraduate medical education in all medical institutions, including those governed under any other law in force.
The Entrance Test shall consist of 200 multiple choice questions (four options with a single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology). 50 questions in each subject will be divided into two Sections (A and B). The duration of the Examination will be 200 minutes (03 hours 20 minutes) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST).
[A total of approximately 543 cities in India and 14 Cities Outside India (Annexure-I) have been added for NEET (UG) – 2022.]
NEET (UG) – 2022 will be conducted in 13 languages i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG), as per related Regulations of NMC and DCI are as follows:-
1. He/she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Course.
Accordingly, the lower age limit shall as under:
For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS
born on or before 31.12.2005
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category
2. Upper age limit: As per Letter No. U-11022/2/2022-UGMEB, dated 09 March 2022 received from National Medical Commission (NMC), Under Graduate Medical Education Board (UGMEB) regarding the upper age limit, that there should be no upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting held on 21 October 2021.
3. Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify for NEET (UG).
Criteria for NRI / OCI / Foreign Nationals
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical /Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions, and the Government of India, as the case may be. The NRI and OCI Applicants/Candidates have to upload a Certificate from the concerned Indian Diplomatic Mission in the country of their residence in support of their claim as an NRI/OCI Candidate, along with their online Application Form for NEET (UG)- 2022 and retain the original of such document for producing it at the time of Counselling / Admission to the Courses covered under NEET (UG). Similarly, a foreign applicant for NEET (UG) 2022 shall also upload Documentary Proof (e.g. relevant pages of a valid passport or a Certificate from the Competent Authority in the country of his/her nationality regarding his/her citizenship status) in support of his/her Nationality, along with online Application Form. The Embassy Certificate and Citizenship Certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship are given in Annexures - XIV A and XIV B. Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/ College/State.
Eligibility of OCI cardholders for NEET (UG):
The Ministry of Home Affairs vide Notification dated 4 March 2021 specified the rights to which an OCI cardholder shall be entitled under the Citizenship Act, 1955.
Clause (4) (ii) of the said Notification reads as under: “(4) parity with Non-Resident Indians in the matter of,- (ii) appearing for the all India entrance tests such as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, Joint Entrance Examination (Mains), Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced), or such other tests to make them eligible for admission only against any Non-Resident Indian seat or any supernumerary seat: Provided that the OCI cardholder shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.”
The above Notification provides the following Explanation: “The OCI Cardholder (including a PIO card holder) is a foreign national holding passport of a foreign country and is not a citizen of India.” Similarly, the PIO cardholder and foreign nationals shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.
Admissions to all seats of Undergraduate Medical / Dental Courses will be done through NEET (UG) - 2022. The following are the seats available under different quotas:
i. All India Quota Seats
ii. State Government Quota Seats
iii. Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
iv. State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
v. Central Pool Quota Seats
vi. All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non-minority medical colleges.
vii. AIIMS Institutes across India/JIPMER.
viii. The Counselling for successful candidates for Seats under 15% All India Quota and 100% including 85% State quota seats of Central Institutions (ABVIMS & RML Hospital/VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital/ESIC)/ Central Universities (including DU/ BHU /AMU)/ AIIMS/ JIPMER and Deemed Universities, will be conducted by the MCC/DGHS for Undergraduate Medical / Dental Courses. MCC only does the registration for AFMC and forwards the data of registered Candidates to AFMC Authorities for the admission process. DU/BHU and other Universities may use the score for any other relevant courses being offered by them.
Fee Payable by candidates:
· General: Rs. 1600/-
· General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*: Rs. 1500/-
· SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs. 900/-
· Outside India: Rs. 8500/-
Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
1. Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) - 2022 through the “Online” mode only. through the website
2. Submission of the Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website
https://neet.nta.nic.in/. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
3. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
4. Candidates must follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website strictly. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
5. Candidates must ensure that e-mail Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or parents only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile Number only.
6. Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
· Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to
ensure your eligibility.
· Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Registration Form: Register for the Online Application Form and note down the system-generated Application Number. The candidate should provide the required details while filling the Online Application Form. The candidate must also create a PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter an Answer. After successful submission of the personal details, an Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future reference/correspondence. For subsequent logins, the candidate will be able to login directly with the systemgenerated Application Number and Password created.
Step-2: Application Form: The Candidates can log in with the system-generated Application Number and pre-created Password for completing the Application Form including filling up personal details, choosing the Question Paper medium and Examination Cities, providing the details of Educational Qualifications, and uploading the images and documents (if any).
Upload Scanned Images of Candidate’s recent Passport size Photograph, Postcard size Photograph, Signature, Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impression, Category Certificate (if applicable), Citizenship Certificate (if applicable), and PwD Certificate (wherever applicable):
i. The recent photograph should be either in colour or black and white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against a white background.
ii. Scanned photographs, signature, and Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impressionsshould be in JPG format (clearly legible).
iii. Scanned Category Certificate (if applicable), Citizenship Certificate (if applicable), and PwD Certificate (wherever applicable) should be in pdf format (clearly legible).
iv. The size of the scanned passport photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb (clearly legible).
v. The size of the scanned Postcard photograph (4”x6”) should be between 10 kb - 200 kb (clearly legible).
vi. The size of the scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb (clearly legible)
vii. The size of scanned and Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impressions as per the Template provided (Appendix-XXIV) should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
viii. The size of the scanned copy of the Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) should be in pdf between 50kb to 300kb (clearly legible).
ix. The size of the scanned copy of the PwD certificate should be between 50 kb to 300 kb (clearly legible)
x. The size of the scanned copy of Class 10 pass certificate should be between 50 kb to 300 kb (clearly legible).
xi. The size of the scanned copy of the Citizenship certificate/Embassy certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship certificate should be between 50 kb to 300 kb (clearly legible).
Please check your photographs and signature before submission of the Application Form. In case the photograph or signature is blurred or not visible to identify the identity of the candidate then, the application will be rejected.
[Note: The Candidate has to upload only his/her own photograph, signature, Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impression, and certificate(s) as mentioned above (and not of anybody else) in a correct/proper manner. In case, it is found at any time in the future that the Candidate has used/uploaded the photographs, Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impression, signature, and certificate(s) of someone else in his/her Application Form/Admit Card, or he/she has tampered his/her Admit Card/Result/ScoreCard, these acts of the candidate shall be treated as Unfair Means (UFM) Practices and he/she shall be proceeded with the actions as contemplated under the provisions of the Information Bulletin relating to Unfair Means Practices.]
Step-3: Fee Payment: After completing Step 1 and Step 2, the candidates have to pay the requisite examination fee. The fee can be submitted online only through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, or Paytm Services. Processing charges and GST as applicable are chargeable to the candidate (in addition to the examination fee) by the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway Integrator. The Confirmation Page of the online Application Form will be generated only after successful payment by the Candidate. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee, then the candidate may have to approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway (in the helpline number and e-mail given in the Information Bulletin) for ensuring the successful payment or for obtaining the refund of duplicate/multiple payments].
· Download, save and print a copy of the Confirmation Page of the Application Form (which would be downloadable only after successful remittance of fee) for future reference.
· All 3 Steps can be done together or at separate timings. The submission of the Application of a candidate could be considered successful and his/her candidature would be confirmed only on the successful transaction/receipt of the prescribed application fee from him/her.
1. Candidates shall ensure that the information entered by them in their online Application Form is correct.
2. All candidates must ensure that they have provided the correct e-mail address and mobile number. When Candidates register, they have to enter the OTP received at their registered Mobile Number, and before submitting the fees, they have to enter the OTP received at their registered e-mail address.
3. A copy of the Confirmation Page, Scanned OMR, and Score Card of NEET (UG) – 2022 will be sent to the registered e-mail address of the Candidates.
4. Information provided by the candidates in their respective online Application Forms, like, as the name of the candidate, contact details, address details, category, PwD status, educational qualification details, date of birth, choice of exam cities, etc. will be treated as final. Any request for change in such particulars will not be considered by NTA under any circumstances.
5. NTA does not edit/modify/alter any information entered by the candidates after completion of the application process under any circumstances. Any request for change in information thereafter will not be entertained. Therefore, candidates are advised to exercise utmost caution before filling up the correct details in the Application Form.
Online submission of Application Form: 6th April, 2022 to 6th May, 2022 (up to 11:50pm)
Last Date of successful transaction of fee Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking/UPI/Paytm: 7th May, 2022 (up to 11:50pm)
Date of Examination: 17th July, 2022 from 02:00p.m. To 5:20p.m.
Centre, Date, and Shift of NEET (UG) - 2022 Examination: As indicated on Admit Card
Declaration of Result on NTA website by: To be announced later on the website